If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (916) 251-7963

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How to Avoid a Disaster During a Power Outage

9/30/2022 (Permalink)

Use these best practices during power outages!

It’s important to prepare for and protect your homes, businesses, and families during power outages in the winter months as many hazards can go unnoticed.

Candles left unattended can potentially become destructive by creating structural fires. The safer choice would be using flashlights or other battery-operated lighting options that avoid the presence of an open flame. Be sure to keep extra batteries on hand. If candles are your only option, it is vital to never leave them unattended and you place the candle in a fireproof candleholder away from any flammable materials and/or drafts.

Fire hazards are not the only disaster lurking during power outages. Carbon Monoxide poisoning from indoor grills or generators are also extremely dangerous. If these appliances are used in enclosed areas including homes, garages or sheds, the outcome could be lethal. Carbon Monoxide gas can go unnoticed as it cannot be seen, smelled, nor tasted. A person may not realize they are being poisoned until it’s too late. It is essential to use these items exclusively outside in a well-ventilated area and you operate them according to manufacturer’s instructions.

If you have experienced any fire, soot or property damage to your home or business, rest assured our experienced technicians and customer services representatives are here to help 24/7. Call SERVPRO of Rancho Cordova at 916.251.7963.

Other News

View Recent Posts